2018 Code of Virginia
Title 64.2 - Wills, Trusts, and Fiduciaries
Chapter 16 - Uniform Power of Attorney Act
§ 64.2-1601. Applicability
This chapter applies to all powers of attorney except:
1. A power to the extent it is coupled with an interest in the subject of the power, including a power given to or for the benefit of a creditor in connection with a credit transaction;
2. A power to make health care decisions;
3. A proxy or other delegation to exercise voting rights or management rights with respect to an entity;
4. A power created on a form prescribed by a government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality for a governmental purpose; and
5. A power to make arrangements for burial or disposition of remains pursuant to § 54.1-2825.
2010, cc. 455, 632, § 26-74; 2012, c. 614.