2018 Code of Virginia
Title 6.2 - Financial Institutions and Services
Chapter 20 - Agencies Providing Debt Management Plans
§ 6.2-2018. Suspension or revocation of license
A. The Commission may suspend or revoke any license issued under this chapter upon any of the following grounds:
1. Any ground for denial of a license under this chapter;
2. Any violation of the provisions of this chapter or regulations adopted by the Commission thereunder, or a violation of any other law or regulation applicable to the conduct of the licensee's business;
3. A course of conduct consisting of the failure to perform written agreements with consumers;
4. Conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving fraud, misrepresentation, or deceit;
5. Entry of a judgment against the licensee involving fraud, misrepresentation, or deceit;
6. Entry of a federal or state administrative order against such licensee for violation of any law or any regulation applicable to the conduct of his business;
7. Refusal to permit an investigation or examination by the Commission;
8. Failure to pay any fee or assessment imposed by this chapter;
9. Failure to comply with any order of the Commission; or
10. Insolvency of the licensee.
B. For the purposes of this section, acts of any officer, director, member, trustee, beneficiary, partner, or principal shall be deemed acts of the licensee.
2004, c. 790, § 6.1-363.20; 2010, c. 794.