2018 Code of Virginia
Title 6.2 - Financial Institutions and Services
Chapter 20 - Agencies Providing Debt Management Plans
§ 6.2-2002. Application for license; form; content; fee
A. An application for a license under this chapter shall be made in writing, under oath, and on a form provided by the Commissioner.
B. The application shall include:
1. The name and address of the applicant; and (i) if the applicant is a partnership, firm, or association, the name and address of each partner or member; (ii) if the applicant is a corporation or limited liability company, the name and address of each director, member, registered agent, and principal; or (iii) if the applicant is a business trust, the name and address of each trustee and beneficiary;
2. The name and address of each manager and officer;
3. The addresses of the locations of the business to be licensed;
4. Financial statements for the applicant as of the most recent fiscal year;
5. A current copy of the agency's standard DMP agreement;
6. Such other information concerning the financial responsibility, background, experience, and activities of the applicant and the persons referred to in this section as the Commissioner may require;
7. Any other pertinent information as the Commissioner may require; and
8. Payment of an application fee of $500.
C. The application fee shall not be refundable in any event. The fee shall not be abated by surrender, suspension, or revocation of the license.
2004, c. 790, § 6.1-363.4; 2005, c. 315; 2010, c. 794.