2018 Code of Virginia
Title 6.2 - Financial Institutions and Services
Chapter 16 - Mortgage Lenders and Mortgage Brokers
§ 6.2-1603. Application for license; form; content; fee
A. An application for a license under this chapter shall be made in writing, under oath and on a form provided by the Commissioner.
B. The application shall set forth:
1. The name and address of the applicant;
2. If the applicant is a firm or partnership, the name and address of each member of the firm or partnership;
3. If the applicant is a corporation or a limited liability company, the name and address of each officer, director, registered agent and each principal;
4. The address of each office at which the business to be licensed is to be conducted;
5. Whether the applicant seeks a license to act as a mortgage lender, mortgage broker, or both; and
6. Such other information concerning the financial responsibility, background, experience and activities of the applicant and its members, officers, directors, and principals as the Commissioner may require.
C. The application shall be accompanied by payment of the following fees:
1. A license application fee of:
a. In the case of an application for a license to act as a mortgage lender or a mortgage broker, $500; or
b. In the case of an application for a license to act as both mortgage lender and mortgage broker, $1,000; and
2. An application fee of $150 for each office at which the business to be licensed is to be conducted.
D. The application fees shall not be refundable in any event. The fees shall not be abated by surrender, suspension or revocation of the license.
1987, c. 596, § 6.1-412; 1989, c. 411; 1992, c. 283; 1993, c. 183; 2010, c. 794; 2011, c. 435.