2018 Code of Virginia
Title 40.1 - Labor and Employment
Chapter 6 - Voluntary Apprenticeship
§ 40.1-125. Commissioner to administer chapter
A. The Commissioner, with the advice and guidance of the Council, shall be responsible for administering the provisions of this chapter.
B. The Commissioner shall:
1. Approve, if approval is in the best interests of the apprentice, any apprenticeship agreement that meets the standards established under this chapter;
2. Terminate or cancel any apprenticeship agreement in accordance with the provisions of such agreement;
3. Keep a record of apprenticeship agreements and their disposition;
4. Issue certificates of completion upon the completion of the apprenticeship;
5. Initiate deregistration proceedings when an apprenticeship program is not conducted, operated, and administered in accordance with the registered provisions, except that deregistration proceedings for violation of equal opportunity requirements shall be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Virginia State Plan for Equal Employment Opportunity in Apprenticeship;
6. Establish policies governing the provision of apprenticeship-related instruction delivered by state and local public education agencies and shall provide for the administration and supervision of related and supplemental instruction for apprentices; and
7. Perform such other duties as are necessary to carry out the intent of this chapter.
Code 1950, § 40-131; 1970, c. 321; 2014, c. 734; 2015, cc. 63, 86.