2018 Code of Virginia
Title 19.2 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 14 - Presentments, Indictments and Informations
Article 1. Necessity for Indictment, Etc.
- § 19.2-216. Definition of indictment, presentment and information
- § 19.2-217. When information filed; prosecution for felony to be by indictment or presentment; waiver; process to compel appearance of accused
- § 19.2-217.1. Central file of capital murder indictments
- § 19.2-218. Preliminary hearing required for person arrested on charge of felony; waiver
- § 19.2-218.1. Preliminary hearings involving certain sexual crimes against spouses
- § 19.2-218.2. Hearing before juvenile and domestic relations district court required for persons accused of certain violations against their spouses
- § 19.2-219. When capias need not be issued; summons; judgment
Article 2. Form and Requisites
- § 19.2-220. Contents of indictment in general
- § 19.2-221. Form of prosecutions generally; murder and manslaughter
- § 19.2-222. Repealed
- § 19.2-223. Charging several acts of embezzlement; description of money
- § 19.2-224. In prosecution for forgery, unnecessary to set forth copy of forged instrument
- § 19.2-225. Allegation of intent
- § 19.2-226. What defects in indictments not to vitiate them
- § 19.2-227. When judgment not to be arrested or reversed
- § 19.2-228. Name and address of complaining witness to be written on indictment, etc., for misdemeanor
- § 19.2-229. When complaining witness required to give security for costs
- § 19.2-230. Bill of particulars
Article 3. Amendments
Article 4. Process
- § 19.2-232. What process to be awarded against accused on indictment, etc.
- § 19.2-233. How awarded, directed, returnable and executed
- § 19.2-234. Procedure when person arrested under capias
- § 19.2-235. Clerks to mail process to officers in other counties, etc.
- § 19.2-236. Where process of arrest may be executed
- § 19.2-237. Process on indictment or presentment for misdemeanor
- § 19.2-238. Summons against corporation; proceedings; expense of publication
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.