2017 Code of Virginia
Title 46.2 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 17 - Driver Training Schools
§ 46.2-1707. Unlawful acts; prosecution; proceedings in equity
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in any of the following acts:
1. Practicing as a driver training school or as an instructor without holding a valid license as required by statute or regulation;
2. Making use of any designation provided by statute or regulation to denote a standard of professional or occupational competence without being duly certified or licensed;
3. Performing any act or function which is restricted by statute or regulation to persons holding a driver training school or instructor license or certification, without being duly certified or licensed;
4. Materially misrepresenting facts in an application for licensure, certification or registration;
5. Willfully refusing to furnish the Department information or records required or requested pursuant to statute or regulation; or
6. Violating any statute or regulation governing the practice of any driver training school or instructor regulated pursuant to this chapter.
Any person who willfully engages in any unlawful act enumerated in this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. However, the third or any subsequent conviction for violating this section during a 36-month period shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
B. In addition to the provisions of subsection A of this section, the Department may institute proceedings in equity to enjoin any person from engaging in any unlawful act enumerated in this section. Such proceedings shall be brought in the name of the Commonwealth in the circuit court of the city or county in which the unlawful act occurred or in which the defendant resides.
1991, c. 214; 2004, c. 587.