2014 Virginia Code
Title 3.2 - Agriculture, Animal Care, and Food
§ 3.2-4603. Application for registration; when Commissioner to register applicant
A. Application for registration to operate a controlled atmosphere storage warehouse shall be on a form prescribed by the Commissioner and shall include the following:
1. The full name of the person applying for registration;
2. If such applicant is an individual, receiver, trustee, firm, partnership, association or corporation, the full name of each member of the firm or partnership or the name of the officers of the association or corporation shall be given on the application;
3. The principal business address of the applicant;
4. The name of a person domiciled in the Commonwealth authorized to receive and accept service or legal notices of all kinds;
5. The storage capacity, by cubic capacity or volume, of each controlled atmosphere storage warehouse the applicant intends to operate;
6. The kind of fruits to be placed in controlled atmosphere storage; and
7. Any other information prescribed by the Commissioner necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter.
B. The Commissioner shall register an applicant if he determines that the applicant has satisfied the requirements of this chapter and the regulations adopted hereunder.
C. The Commissioner, when issuing a registration to an applicant, shall include a warehouse number that shall be preceded by the letters "VA-CA."
Code 1950, §§ 3-714, 3-718; 1964, c. 214; 1966, c. 702, §§ 3.1-995, 3.1-999; 2008, c. 860.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.