2013 Code of Virginia
Title 46.2 - MOTOR VEHICLES.
Chapter 10 - Motor Vehicle and Equipment Safety
Section 46.2-1008 - Fees for approval certificates
§ 46.2-1008. Fees for approval certificates.
Any person who applies to the Superintendent for a certificate of approval required by this article shall pay a fee not to exceed the following amounts:
1. For approval and recordation of headlights, warning devices, safety glass, signal devices, and other devices required by this title to be approved by the Superintendent and not provided for elsewhere in this section, $150.
2. For approval and recordation of taillights, spot lights or any other lighting devices, seventy-five dollars.
3. For approval and recordation of brake-testing and light-testing machines, $100 for each type approved.
4. For approval and recordation of safety lap belts and shoulder straps or harnesses or any combination lap belt and shoulder strap or harness, fifty dollars.
5. For approval and recordation of safety glasses, face shields, or goggles for motorcycle operators, fifty dollars.
Fees collected under this section shall be used by the Superintendent in examining and testing devices to be approved and for maintaining and publishing necessary records.
(Code 1950, § 46-316; 1956, c. 36; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-314; 1962, c. 146; 1966, c. 37; 1968, c. 171; 1970, c. 25; 1989, c. 727.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.