2010 Code of Virginia
Title 55 - PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCES.
Chapter 31 - Uniform Trust Code (55-541.01 thru 55-551.06)
55-543.03 - Representation by fiduciaries and parents or other ancestors.
§ 55-543.03. Representation by fiduciaries and parents or other ancestors.
To the extent there is no conflict of interest between the representative and the person represented or among those being represented with respect to a particular question or dispute:
1. A conservator or guardian of the estate may represent and bind the estate that such fiduciary controls;
2. A guardian may represent and bind the ward if a conservator or guardian of the ward's estate has not been appointed;
3. An agent having authority to act with respect to the particular question or dispute may represent and bind the principal;
4. A trustee may represent and bind the beneficiaries of the trust;
5. A personal representative of a decedent's estate may represent and bind persons interested in the estate;
6. A parent may represent and bind the parent's minor or unborn child if a guardian of the estate or guardian for the child has not been appointed; and
7. If a minor or unborn person is not otherwise represented under this section, a grandparent or more remote ancestor may represent and bind that minor or unborn person.
(2005, c. 935.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.