2010 Code of Virginia
Title 55 - PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCES.
Chapter 3 - Property Rights of Married Women (55-35 thru 55-47.1)
- 55-35 - How married women may acquire and dispose of property.
- 55-36 - Contracts of, and suits by and against, married women.
- 55-37 - Spouse not responsible for other spouse's contracts, etc.; mutual liability for necessaries; responsibility of personal representative.
- 55-38 - Wife's right of entry into land not barred by certain judgments; when she may defend her right in lands which are her inheritance.
- 55-39 - Rights of wife, etc., not affected by husband's acts only.
- 55-40 - Description unavailable
- 55-41 - Conveyance from husband and wife; effect on right of wife or husband.
- 55-42 - Description unavailable
- 55-42.1 - How infant spouse may release interests in spouse's property.
- 55-43 - Appointment of attorney in fact by married women; effect of writing executed by such attorney.
- 55-44 - , 55-45
- 55-46 - How estate of a married woman to pass at death.
- 55-47 - Description unavailable
- 55-47.01 - Equitable separate estates abolished.
- 55-47.1 - Tangible personal property.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.