2010 Code of Virginia
Title 55 - PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCES.
Chapter 15.1 - Uniform Principal and Income Act (55-277.1 thru 55-277.33)
55-277.13 - Principal receipts.
§ 55-277.13. Principal receipts.
A trustee shall allocate to principal:
1. To the extent not allocated to income under this chapter, assets received from a transferor during the transferor's lifetime, a decedent's estate, a trust with a terminating income interest, or a payer under a contract naming the trust or its trustee as beneficiary;
2. Money or other property received from the sale, exchange, liquidation, or change in form of a principal asset, including realized profit, subject to this article;
3. Amounts recovered from third parties to reimburse the trust because of disbursements described in subdivision A 7 of § 55-277.26 or for other reasons to the extent not based on the loss of income;
4. Proceeds of property taken by eminent domain, but a separate award made for the loss of income with respect to an accounting period during which a current income beneficiary had a mandatory income interest is income;
5. Net income received in an accounting period during which there is no beneficiary to whom a trustee may or must distribute income; and
6. Other receipts as provided in §§ 55-277.17 through 55-277.24.
(1999, c. 975.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.