2010 Code of Virginia
Title 55 - PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCES.
Chapter 15.1 - Uniform Principal and Income Act (55-277.1 thru 55-277.33)
- 55-277.1 - Short title.
- 55-277.2 - Definitions.
- 55-277.3 - Fiduciary duties; general principles.
- 55-277.4 - Fiduciary's power to adjust.
- 55-277.4:1 - Total return unitrust
- 55-277.5 - Determination and distribution of net income.
- 55-277.6 - Distribution to residuary and remainder beneficiaries.
- 55-277.7 - When right to income begins and ends.
- 55-277.8 - Apportionment of receipts and disbursements when decedent dies or income interest begins.
- 55-277.9 - Apportionment when income interest ends.
- 55-277.10 - Character of receipts.
- 55-277.11 - Distribution from trust or estate.
- 55-277.12 - Business and other activities conducted by trustee.
- 55-277.13 - Principal receipts.
- 55-277.14 - Rental property.
- 55-277.15 - Obligation to pay money.
- 55-277.16 - Insurance policies and similar.
- 55-277.17 - Insubstantial allocations not required.
- 55-277.18 - Deferred compensation, annuities, and similar payments.
- 55-277.19 - Liquidating asset.
- 55-277.20 - Minerals, water, and other natural resources.
- 55-277.21 - Timber.
- 55-277.22 - Property not productive of income.
- 55-277.23 - Derivatives and options.
- 55-277.24 - Asset-backed securities.
- 55-277.25 - Disbursements from income.
- 55-277.26 - Disbursements from principal.
- 55-277.27 - Transfers from income to principal for depreciation.
- 55-277.28 - Transfers from income to reimburse principal.
- 55-277.29 - Income taxes.
- 55-277.30 - Adjustments between principal and income because of taxes.
- 55-277.31 - Expenses and receipts; nontrust estates.
- 55-277.32 - Uniformity of application and construction.
- 55-277.33 - Application of chapter to existing trusts decedent's estates and nontrust estates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.