2010 Code of Virginia
Title 55 - PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCES.
Chapter 11 - Estrays and Drift Property (55-202 thru 55-210)
- 55-202 - Estray, or boat adrift, to be valued and described.
- 55-203 - Valuation, etc., to be recorded and posted.
- 55-204 - When landowner, etc., entitled to the property.
- 55-205 - Right of recovery by former owner.
- 55-206 - When landowner, etc., not liable.
- 55-207 - Who entitled to drift property.
- 55-208 - Conditions on which owner may remove it.
- 55-209 - When owner of land may sell drift property; owner of property entitled to proceeds after payment of expenses, etc.
- 55-210 - Right of property to be proved.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.