2010 Code of Virginia
Title 43 - MECHANICS' AND CERTAIN OTHER LIENS.
Chapter 1 - Mechanics' and Materialmen's Liens (43-1 thru 43-23.2)
- 43-1 - Definitions.
- 43-2 - Structures, materials, etc., deemed permanently annexed to freehold.
- 43-3 - Lien for work done and materials furnished; waiver of right to file or enforce lien.
- 43-4 - Perfection of lien by general contractor; recordation and notice.
- 43-4.01 - Posting of building permit; identification of mechanics' lien agent in building permit; notice to mechanics' lien agent; effect of notice.
- 43-4.1 - Liens to be recorded in deed books and indexed in general index of deeds.
- 43-5 - Sufficiency of memorandum and affidavit required by § 43-4.
- 43-6 - Description unavailable
- 43-7 - Perfection of lien by subcontractor; extent of lien; affirmative defense; provisions relating to time-share estates.
- 43-8 - Sufficiency of memorandum, affidavit and notice required by § 43-7.
- 43-9 - Perfection of lien by person performing labor or furnishing materials for a subcontractor; extent of lien.
- 43-10 - Sufficiency of memorandum, affidavit and notice required by § 43-9.
- 43-11 - How owner or general contractor made personally liable to subcontractor, laborer or materialman.
- 43-12 - Description unavailable
- 43-13 - Funds paid to general contractor or subcontractor must be used to pay persons performing labor or furnishing material.
- 43-13.1 - Use of lien waiver form; forgery or signing without authority.
- 43-13.2 - When an affidavit or a signed statement of payment required of owner prior to sale.
- 43-13.3 - An affidavit or a signed statement of payment required of owner prior to sale or refinance; penalty.
- 43-14 - Description unavailable
- 43-14.1 - Service of notices.
- 43-15 - Inaccuracies in memorandum or description not affecting lien.
- 43-16 - What owner may do when contractor fails or refuses to complete building, etc.
- 43-17 - Limitation on suit to enforce lien.
- 43-17.1 - Hearing on validity of lien.
- 43-18 - Lien of general contractor to inure to benefit of subcontractor.
- 43-19 - Validity and priority of lien not affected by assignments.
- 43-20 - Extent of lien where owner has less than fee in land.
- 43-21 - Priorities between mechanics' and other liens.
- 43-22 - How liens enforced.
- 43-23 - Priority among liens perfected under this chapter.
- 43-23.1 - Forfeiture of lien.
- 43-23.2 - Remedies cumulative.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.