2006 Code of Virginia § 3.1-796.128 - Unlawful acts; penalties
3.1-796.128. Unlawful acts; penalties.
A. The following shall be unlawful acts and constitute Class 4 misdemeanors:
1. License application. - For any person to make a false statement in orderto secure a dog or cat license to which he is not entitled.
2. License tax. - For any dog or cat owner to fail to pay any license taxrequired by this chapter before February 1 for the year in which it is due.In addition, the court may order confiscation and the proper disposition ofthe dog or cat.
3. Leash ordinance. - For any dog owner to allow a dog to run at large inviolation of an ordinance passed pursuant to 3.1-796.95.
5. Dead companion animals. - For any owner to fail to dispose of the body ofhis companion animals in accordance with 3.1-796.121.
6. Diseased dogs and cats. - For the owner of any dog or cat with acontagious or infectious disease to permit such dog or cat to stray from hispremises if such disease is known to the owner.
7. Concealing a dog or cat. - For any person to conceal or harbor any dog orcat on which any required license tax has not been paid.
8. Removing collar and tag. - For any person, except the owner or custodian,to remove a legally acquired license tag from a dog or cat without thepermission of the owner or custodian.
9. Other violations. - Any other violation of this chapter for which aspecific penalty is not provided.
B. It shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to:
1. Present a false claim or to receive any money on a false claim under theprovisions of 3.1-796.118; or
2. Impersonate a humane investigator.
(1984, c. 492, 29-213.99; 1987, c. 488; 1993, cc. 174, 775, 817; 1998, c.817.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.