2020 Vermont Statutes
Title 23 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 27 - Diesel Fuel Tax
§ 3010. Temporary authorization

Universal Citation: 23 V.S.A. § 3010.

§ 3010. Temporary authorization

Any vehicle registered in a jurisdiction other than Vermont that is eligible for motor fuel tax licensing under the International Fuel Tax Agreement Plan that is not licensed in Vermont for fuel tax reporting purposes may obtain a trip permit prior to entering this State. The fee for the permit shall be $15.00. The permits shall be valid for a period of 72 hours and shall satisfy motor fuel tax reporting and payment obligations that may arise from the trip. Trip permits must be kept with the vehicle while being operated. (Added 1981, No. 172 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1985, No. 124 (Adj. Sess.), § 12, eff. April 18, 1986; 1997, No. 55, § 8, eff. June 26, 1997; 1997, No. 59, § 78, eff. June 30, 1997.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.