2018 Vermont Statutes
Title 23 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 29 - Snowmobiles, Motorboats, And Water Sports
§ 3319 Fees collected; special fund
§ 3319. Fees collected; special fund
(a) There is hereby established a special fund to be known as the Motorboat Registration Fund for the purposes of ensuring that the fees and penalties collected under this subchapter are utilized in the protection and maintenance of the State's water resources. Any interest earned on the monies in this Fund will be deposited in the General Fund.
(b) The fees and penalties collected under the provisions of this subchapter shall be deposited in the Motorboat Registration Fund and shall be allocated as follows:
(1) 10 percent to the Department of Public Safety, to be used for enforcement of this subchapter and implementation of a boating safety education program.
(2) 34 percent to the Department of Fish and Wildlife, to be used: to match federal funds; for upgrading and expanding boating access areas and facilities located at those areas; for developing and constructing new boating access areas; and for facilitating or establishing and maintaining pump out stations, which may be, in the discretion of the Commissioner, constructed or operated either by the Department or on a contractual basis by a private person or entity. Users shall be charged reasonable and appropriate fees.
(3) 17 percent to the Department of Environmental Conservation for the purpose of aquatic nuisance control pursuant to 10 V.S.A. chapter 50.
(4) Seven percent to the Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets for the purpose of mosquito control pursuant to 6 V.S.A. chapter 85.
(5) 20 percent to the Department of Environmental Conservation for the purpose of an Aquatic Nuisance Control Grant Program pursuant to 10 V.S.A. chapter 50.
(6) 12 percent to the Transportation Fund.
(c) [Repealed.] (Added 1983, No. 212 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; amended 1989, No. 65, § 13; 1989, No. 265 (Adj. Sess.), § 6; 1993, No. 52, § 3, eff. July 1, 1994; 2001, No. 143 (Adj. Sess.), § 57; 2003, No. 42, § 2, eff. May 27, 2003; 2009, No. 46, § 7, eff. July 1, 2010; 2015, No. 159 (Adj. Sess.), § 50.)