2017 Vermont Statutes
Title 3 Appendix - Executive Orders
Chapter 20 - Internal Security And Public Safety
App 20-50 (No. 05-15) [State of Emergency in Washington County, Call-Out of Guard
Executive Order No. 20-50
[State of Emergency in Washington County, Call-Out of Guard]
As of July 19, 2015, a state of emergency exists within Washington County due to excessive rainfall. In particular, the town of Barre, located in Washington County, is experiencing severe flooding due to unusually heavy rain and thunderstorms, with the likelihood of significant damage.
Accordingly, I, Peter Shumlin, pursuant to the authority vested in me by the Vermont Constitution, Chapter II, § 20 and 20 V.S.A. §§ 9, 601, and 603, do hereby order as follows:
1. I declare a state of emergency for Washington County;
2. I hereby call out the National Guard of the State of Vermont;
3. I authorize and direct the Adjutant General of the State of Vermont to take all appropriate steps to alleviate hardship and suffering of citizens and communities throughout Washington County that are impacted by the recent storms and flooding;
4. I hereby authorize and direct the Adjutant General to call into Active State Service, as he may deem appropriate to carry out the purpose of this Order, any and all units of the National Guard of the State of Vermont to serve for an indefinite period and until relieved by proper authority; and
5. I further order and direct activation of the Vermont State Emergency Operations Plan and authorize the use of state resources to protect the public and to alleviate hardship and suffering of citizens and communities impacted by the emergency event.
Dated July 20, 2015