2015 Vermont Statutes
Title 11 - Corporations, Partnerships and Associations
Chapter 25 - Limited Liability Companies
Subchapter 2: ORGANIZATION
§ 4023 Articles of organization
§ 4023. Articles of organization
(a) Articles of organization of a limited liability company shall set forth:
(1) the name of the company;
(2) the address of the initial designated office;
(3) the name and street address of the initial agent for service of process;
(4) the name and address of each organizer;
(5) if the company has no members at the time of filing, a statement to that effect; and
(6) whether the company is an L3C.
(b) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may set forth:
(1) provisions permitted to be set forth in an operating agreement; and
(2) other matters not inconsistent with law.
(c) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may not vary the nonwaivable provisions of subsection 4003(b) of this title. As to all other matters, if any provision of an operating agreement is inconsistent with the articles of organization:
(1) the operating agreement controls as to managers, members, and members' transferees; and
(2) the articles of organization control as to persons other than managers, members, and their transferees who relied on the articles to their detriment. (Added 2015, No. 17, § 2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.