2013 Vermont Statutes
Title 16 Education
Chapter 39 VERMONT STUDENT APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
§ 1605 Regional advisory board responsibilities
1605. Regional advisory board responsibilities
Each regional advisory board shall:
(1) Based on standards of operation established by the state board of education, approve or disapprove an application from a school board to establish and operate a student apprenticeship program. The board may rescind approval if the program is not meeting the standards.
(2) Based on standards and processes established by the state board, determine which applicants shall be accepted into the student apprenticeship programs in its region and determine whether a student should be terminated from a program. Decisions regarding acceptance into a program shall, in part, be based on submission of an acceptable career preparation plan developed by the applicant with the help of a guidance counselor. Decisions regarding termination shall be made with the advice of the student apprenticeship coordinator.
(3) Approve or disapprove proposed worksites and worksite mentors for student apprenticeship programs in its region.
(4) At least quarterly, request information about each student from each student apprenticeship coordinator. The coordinator shall provide information concerning student performance, basic and advanced skill attainment, suitability of the worksite and worksite mentor effectiveness.
(5) At least annually, request program information from each student apprenticeship coordinator which will enable the board to judge the overall effectiveness of each student apprenticeship program in its region. The coordinator shall provide information concerning program participation, program completion by students, business and industry participation, quality of instruction, success at combining classroom and worksite instruction, career placement and employer satisfaction. (Added 1993, No. 155 (Adj. Sess.), 1, eff. May 17, 1994.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.