2012 Vermont Statutes
Title 12 Court Procedure
§ 5060 Action for unpaid balance

12 V.S.A. § 5060. What's This?

§ 5060. Action for unpaid balance

When execution on a judgment obtained against a partnership, association or company in its firm, associate or company name is returned unsatisfied in whole or in part, an action of contract for the amount unpaid may be brought against any or all of the partners, associates or shareholders upon their original liability, provided that only one such action shall be brought and maintained at the same time. If the execution issued in the last named action is returned unsatisfied in whole or in part, subsequent actions may in like manner be maintained for the amount unpaid.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.