2011 Vermont Code
Title 19 Highways
§ 34 Appeal from survey

19 VT Stats § 34. (2011 through Adj Sess) What's This?

§ 34. Appeal from survey

(a) A person who has title to land abutting to a highway that is surveyed by the agency or the selectmen and who is dissatisfied with the survey may appeal the results of the survey in the superior court in the county in which the affected property is located. Any such appeal must be brought within 120 days from the date the results of the survey are filed with the town clerk. The results of the survey shall be binding against any property owner who does not appeal within the 120-day period.

(b) On a motion of a person, or the agency, or upon order of the court, any person who has a legally recorded interest in the property that is the subject of the superior court action may be joined as a party at any time before final determination, upon such terms as the court may prescribe. (Added 1985, No. 269 (Adj. Sess.), { 1; amended 1993, No. 195 (Adj. Sess.), { 2.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.