2011 Vermont Code
Title 19 Highways
§ 11d Funds for rehabilitation of historic bridges

19 VT Stats § 11d. (2011 through Adj Sess) What's This?

§ 11d. Funds for rehabilitation of historic bridges

(a) Notwithstanding 32 V.S.A. { 706(a)(1) and (b), the agency of transportation may transfer funds to the division for historic preservation in the agency of commerce and community development to be used for the following purposes:

(1) Repairing, rehabilitating, restoring and maintaining historic bridges. To the maximum extent feasible, bridges shall be made available to the public for transportation and recreational uses, including but not limited to, bicycle paths, hiking trails, snowmobile trails, fishing access, picnic areas, or rest stops.

(2) Grants to municipalities, nonprofit corporations, state agencies, or other responsible parties for the repair and maintenance of historic bridges.

(3) Funding for planning and engineering studies for the preservation of historic bridges.

(4) Moving, storing or otherwise preserving historic bridges.

(b) Funds transferred may include, but are not limited to, appropriations from the transportation fund, federal funds made available to mitigate the adverse effects of new construction on historic bridges, and moneys from other public or private sources.

(c) Transfer of funds under this section shall constitute acceptance by the division for historic preservation that funds transferred will be used solely for the preservation of historic bridges as outlined in subsection (a) of this section. Transfers however, may be conditioned upon use for one or more specific purposes identified by subsection (a) of this section. (Added 1993, No. 36, { 2; amended 1995, No. 190 (Adj. Sess.), { 1(a).)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.