2011 Vermont Code
Title 11B Nonprofit Corporations
Chapter 16 RECORDS AND REPORTS
§ 2 Inspection of records by members
§ 16.02. Inspection of records by members
(a) Subject to subsection 16.03(c) of this title, a member is entitled to inspect and copy, at a reasonable time and location specified by the corporation, any of the records of the corporation described in subsection 16.01(e) of this title if the member gives the corporation written notice at least five business days before the date on which the member wishes to inspect and copy.
(b) A member is entitled to inspect and copy, at a reasonable time and reasonable location specified by the corporation, any of the following records of the corporation if the member meets the requirements of subsection (c) of this section and gives the corporation written notice at least five business days before the date on which the member wishes to inspect and copy:
(1) excerpts from any records required to be maintained under subsection 16.01(a) of this title, to the extent not subject to inspection under subsection 16.02(a) of this title;
(2) accounting records of the corporation; and
(3) subject to section 16.05 of this title, the membership list.
(c) A member may inspect and copy the records identified in subsection (b) of this section only if:
(1) the member's demand is made in good faith and for a proper purpose;
(2) the member describes with reasonable particularity the purpose and the records the member desires to inspect; and
(3) the records are directly connected with this purpose.
(d) This section does not affect:
(1) the right of a member to inspect records under section 7.20 of this title or, if the member is in litigation with the corporation, to the same extent as any other litigant; or
(2) the power of a court, independently of this title, to compel the production of corporate records for examination. (Added 1995, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1997.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Vermont may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.