2022 Utah Code
Title 57 - Real Estate
Chapter 17 - Residential Renters' Deposits
- Section 1 - Return or explanation of retainage upon termination of tenancy.
- Section 2 - Non-refundable deposit -- Written notice required.
- Section 3 - Deductions from deposit -- Written itemization -- Time for return.
- Section 4 - Holder of owner's or designated agent's interest bound by provisions.
- Section 5 - Failure to return deposit or prepaid rent or to give required notice -- Recovery of deposit, penalty, costs, and attorney fees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.