2019 Utah Code
Title 77 - Utah Code of Criminal Procedure
Chapter 23a - Interception of Communications Act
- Section 1 - Short title.
- Section 2 - Legislative findings.
- Section 3 - Definitions.
- Section 4 - Offenses -- Criminal and civil -- Lawful interception.
- Section 4.5 - Implanting an electronic identification device -- Penalties.
- Section 5 - Traffic in intercepting devices -- Offenses -- Lawful activities.
- Section 6 - Seizure and forfeiture of intercepting devices.
- Section 7 - Evidence -- Exclusionary rule.
- Section 8 - Court order to authorize or approve interception -- Procedure.
- Section 9 - Disclosure or use of intercepted information.
- Section 10 - Application for order -- Authority of order -- Emergency action -- Application -- Entry -- Conditions -- Extensions -- Recordings -- Admissibility or suppression -- Appeal by state.
- Section 11 - Civil remedy for unlawful interception -- Action for relief.
- Section 12 - Enjoining a violation -- Civil action by attorney general.
- Section 13 - Installation of device when court order required -- Penalty.
- Section 14 - Court order for installation -- Application.
- Section 15 - Order for installation -- Contents -- Duration -- Extension -- Disclosure.
- Section 16 - Communications provider -- Cooperation and support services -- Compensation -- Liability defense.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.