2019 Utah Code
Title 75 - Utah Uniform Probate Code
Chapter 10 - Uniform Powers of Appointment Act
Part 3 - Exercise of Power of Appointment
- Section 301 - Requisites for exercise of power of appointment.
- Section 302 - Intent to exercise -- Determining intent from residuary clause.
- Section 303 - Intent to exercise -- After-acquired power.
- Section 304 - Compliance with donor-imposed formal requirements.
- Section 305 - Permissible appointment.
- Section 306 - Appointment to deceased appointee or permissible appointee's descendant.
- Section 307 - Impermissible appointment.
- Section 308 - Elective allocation doctrine.
- Section 309 - Capture doctrine -- Disposition of ineffectively appointed property under general power.
- Section 310 - Disposition of unappointed property under released or unexercised general power.
- Section 311 - Disposition of unappointed property under released or unexercised nongeneral power.
- Section 312 - Disposition of unappointed property if partial appointment to taker in default.
- Section 313 - Appointment to taker in default.
- Section 314 - Powerholder's authority to revoke or amend exercise.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.