2018 Utah Code
Title 78B - Judicial Code
Chapter 5 - Procedure and Evidence
Part 8 - Miscellaneous
- Section 801 - Public and private statutes defined.
- Section 802 - Tender -- Offer in writing sufficient -- Objection -- Must be specific or waived.
- Section 803 - Receipt may be demanded as condition to payment or deposit.
- Section 804 - Money deposited in court.
- Section 805 - State, state officers, and political subdivisions not required to give bond.
- Section 806 - Payment of costs by state.
- Section 807 - Payment of costs by county.
- Section 808 - Salaries of public officers subject to garnishment.
- Section 809 - Service of process.
- Section 810 - Sureties on stay bonds entitled to subrogation.
- Section 811 - Provisions as to depositions made applicable to nonjudicial proceedings.
- Section 812 - Release or settlement of personal injury claim -- When voidable.
- Section 813 - Statement of injured person -- When inadmissible as evidence.
- Section 814 - Release, settlement, or statement by injured person -- When rescission or disavowal provisions inapplicable.
- Section 815 - Release, settlement, or statement by injured person -- Notice of rescission or disavowal.
- Section 816 - Right of rescission or disavowal of release, settlement, or statement by injured person in addition to other provisions.
- Section 817 - Definitions.
- Section 818 - Comparative negligence.
- Section 819 - Separate special verdicts on total damages and proportion of fault.
- Section 820 - Amount of liability limited to proportion of fault -- No contribution.
- Section 821 - Joinder of defendants.
- Section 822 - Release to one defendant does not discharge other defendants.
- Section 823 - Effect on immunity, exclusive remedy, indemnity, and contribution.
- Section 824 - Personal injury judgments -- Interest authorized.
- Section 825 - Attorney fees -- Award where action or defense in bad faith -- Exceptions.
- Section 825.5 - Attorney fees -- Private attorney general doctrine disavowed.
- Section 826 - Attorney fees -- Reciprocal rights to recover attorney fees.
- Section 827 - Attorney fees awarded to state funded agency in action against state or subdivision -- Forfeit of appropriated money.
- Section 828 - Bond required in an environmental action.
- Section 901 - Public safety peer counseling.
- Section 902 - Definitions.
- Section 903 - Creation -- Training -- Communications -- Exclusions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.