2018 Utah Code
Title 41 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 6a - Traffic Code
Part 5 - Driving Under the Influence and Reckless Driving
- Section 501 - Definitions.
- Section 502 - Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both or with specified or unsafe blood alcohol concentration -- Reporting of convictions.
- Section 502.5 - Impaired driving -- Penalty -- Reporting of convictions -- Sentencing requirements.
- Section 503 - Penalties for driving under the influence violations.
- Section 504 - Defense not available for driving under the influence violation.
- Section 505 - Sentencing requirements for driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both violations.
- Section 506 - Electronic monitoring requirements for certain driving under the influence violations.
- Section 507 - Supervised probation for certain driving under the influence violations.
- Section 508 - Arrest without a warrant for a driving under the influence violation.
- Section 509 - Driver license suspension or revocation for a driving under the influence violation.
- Section 510 - Local DUI and related ordinances and reckless driving and impaired driving ordinances -- Consistent with code.
- Section 511 - Courts to collect and maintain data.
- Section 512 - Factual basis for alcohol or drug-related reckless driving plea.
- Section 513 - Acceptance of plea of guilty to DUI -- Restrictions -- Verification of prior violations -- Prosecutor to examine defendant's record.
- Section 514 - Procedures -- Adjudicative proceedings.
- Section 515 - Standards for chemical breath or oral fluids analysis -- Evidence.
- Section 515.5 - Sobriety program for DUI.
- Section 515.6 - Field sobriety test training.
- Section 516 - Admissibility of chemical test results in actions for driving under the influence -- Weight of evidence.
- Section 517 - Definitions -- Driving with any measurable controlled substance in the body -- Penalties -- Arrest without warrant. (Superseded 7/1/2019)
- Section-2 517 - Definitions -- Driving with any measurable controlled substance in the body -- Penalties -- Arrest without warrant. (Effective 7/1/2019)
- Section 518 - Ignition interlock devices -- Use -- Probationer to pay cost -- Impecuniosity -- Fee.
- Section 518.1 - Tampering with an ignition interlock system.
- Section 518.2 - Interlock restricted driver -- Penalties for operation without ignition interlock system.
- Section 519 - Municipal attorneys for specified offenses may prosecute for certain DUI offenses and driving while license is suspended or revoked.
- Section 520 - Implied consent to chemical tests for alcohol or drug -- Number of tests -- Refusal -- Warning, report.
- Section 521 - Revocation hearing for refusal -- Appeal.
- Section 522 - Person incapable of refusal.
- Section 523 - Persons authorized to draw blood -- Immunity from liability.
- Section 524 - Refusal as evidence.
- Section 525 - Reporting test results -- Immunity from liability.
- Section 526 - Drinking alcoholic beverage and open containers in motor vehicle prohibited -- Definitions -- Exceptions.
- Section 527 - Seizure and impoundment of vehicles by peace officers -- Impound requirements -- Removal of vehicle by owner.
- Section 528 - Reckless driving -- Penalty.
- Section 529 - Definitions -- Alcohol restricted drivers.
- Section 530 - Alcohol restricted drivers -- Prohibited from operating a vehicle while having any measurable or detectable amount of alcohol in the person's body -- Penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.