2017 Utah Code
Title 75 - Utah Uniform Probate Code
Chapter 2 - Intestate Succession and Wills
Part 2 - Elective Share of Surviving Spouse
- Section 201 - Definitions.
- Section 202 - Elective share -- Supplemental elective share amount -- Effect of election on statutory benefits -- Nondomicilary.
- Section 203 - Composition of the augmented estate.
- Section 204 - Decedent's net probate estate.
- Section 205 - Decedent's nonprobate transfers to others.
- Section 206 - Decedent's nonprobate transfers to the surviving spouse.
- Section 207 - Surviving spouse's property and nonprobate transfers to others -- Included property -- Time of valuation.
- Section 208 - Exclusions, valuation, and overlapping application.
- Section 209 - Sources from which elective share payable -- Elective share amount -- Unsatisfied balance.
- Section 210 - Personal liability of recipients.
- Section 211 - Proceeding for elective share -- Time limit.
- Section 212 - Right of election personal to surviving spouse -- Incapacitated surviving spouse -- Custodial trust.
- Section 213 - Waiver of right to elect and of other rights.
- Section 214 - Protection of payors and other third parties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.