2017 Utah Code
Title 41 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 6a - Traffic Code
Part 4 - Accident Responsibilities
- Section 401 - Accident involving property damage -- Duties of operator, occupant, and owner -- Exchange of information -- Notification of law enforcement -- Penalties.
- Section 401.3 - Accident involving injury -- Stop at accident -- Penalty.
- Section 401.5 - Accident involving death -- Stop at accident -- Penalty.
- Section 401.7 - Accident involving injury, death, or property damage -- Duties of operator, occupant, and owner -- Exchange of information -- Notification of law enforcement -- Penalties.
- Section 401.9 - Authority to remove and dispose of vehicles and cargoes of vehicles involved in accidents.
- Section 402 - Accident reports -- Duty of operator and investigative officer to file.
- Section 403 - Vehicle accidents -- Investigation and report of operator security -- Agency action if no security -- Surrender of plates -- Penalties.
- Section 404 - Accident reports -- When confidential -- Insurance policy information -- Use as evidence -- Penalty for false information.
- Section 405 - Garage keeper to report damaged vehicle without damage sticker.
- Section 406 - Statistical information regarding accidents -- Annual publication.
- Section 407 - Livestock on highway -- Restrictions -- Collision, action for damages.
- Section 408 - Peace officer investigating accident to notify owner if livestock or broken fence involved -- Exempt from liability.
- Section 409 - Prohibition of flat response fee for motor vehicle accident.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.