2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 9 - Weights and Measures
- Section 1 - Definitions.
- Section 2 - Authority to promulgate rules.
- Section 3 - Weights and measures -- Systems used -- Basic units, tables, and equivalents as published by National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Section 4 - Weights and measures -- Primary state standards -- Secondary state standards -- Verification.
- Section 5 - Weights and measures -- Specifications, tolerances, and technical data published in National Institute of Standards and Technology Handbook govern.
- Section 5.2 - Adopting uniform packaging and labeling regulation.
- Section 5.3 - Adopting uniform regulation for the method of sale of commodities.
- Section 5.4 - Adopting uniform regulation for the voluntary registration of servicepersons and service agencies for commercial weighing and measuring devices.
- Section 6 - Department duties -- Seizure of incorrect weights and measures.
- Section 7 - Enforcement powers of department.
- Section 8 - Sale of commodities in liquid form -- Sale of commodities in nonliquid form -- Requirements.
- Section 9 - Bulk sales -- Information furnished to purchaser.
- Section 10 - Packaged commodity sales -- Labeling information specified -- When price per single unit of weight to be displayed.
- Section 11 - Advertisement of packaged commodity sales -- Requirements.
- Section 12 - Unlawful acts specified.
- Section 13 - Weighing and measuring devices -- Presumption.
- Section 15 - Registration of commercial establishments using weights and measures -- Approved weights and measures inspectors -- Application -- Fee -- Expiration -- Renewal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.