2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 7 - Livestock Dealers' Act
- Section 1 - Title.
- Section 2 - Purpose declaration.
- Section 3 - Definitions.
- Section 4 - Unlawful to act as an agent, broker, or dealer without license -- Exception.
- Section 5 - Exemptions.
- Section 6 - Licenses -- Applications.
- Section 7 - Issuance of dealer, broker, and agent licenses -- Fees -- Deposit of bond or trust agreement -- Renewal -- Refusal to issue or renew license.
- Section 8 - Applicant for dealer's license to post security -- Increase in amount of security posted -- Action on security authorized -- Duties of commissioner -- Option to require posting new security if action filed -- Effect of failure to post new security -- Commissioner's authority to call bond if not renewed.
- Section 9 - Dealers -- Records mandated -- Records subject to inspection.
- Section 10 - Livestock purchases.
- Section 11 - Department authority -- Examination and investigation of transactions -- Notice of agency action upon probable cause -- Settlement of disputes -- Cease and desist order -- Enforcement -- Review.
- Section 12 - Sale of livestock -- Prima facie evidence of fraud.
- Section 13 - Suspension or revocation -- Grounds -- Notice to producers.
- Section 13.5 - Suspension of license -- Opportunity for hearing.
- Section 14 - Prohibited acts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.