2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 41 - Industrial Hemp Research Act
Section 103 - Industrial hemp -- Agricultural and academic research.
4-41-103. Industrial hemp -- Agricultural and academic research.
- (1) The department may grow or cultivate industrial hemp for the purpose of agricultural or academic research.
- (2) The department shall certify a higher education institution to grow or cultivate industrial hemp for the purpose of agricultural or academic research if the higher education institution submits to the department:
- (a) the location where the higher education institution intends to grow or cultivate industrial hemp;
- (b) the higher education institution's research plan; and
- (c) the name of an employee of the higher education institution who will supervise the industrial hemp growth, cultivation, and research.
- (3) The department shall maintain a list of each industrial hemp certificate holder.
- (4) The department shall make rules in accordance with Title 63G, Chapter 3, Utah Administrative Rulemaking Act, to ensure any industrial hemp project meets the standards of an agricultural pilot project, as defined by Section 7606 of the U.S. Agricultural Act of 2014.
Enacted by Chapter 25, 2014 General Session
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.