2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 32 - Utah Meat and Poultry Products Inspection and Licensing Act
- Section 1 - Short title.
- Section 2 - Purpose declaration.
- Section 2.1 - Adoption of federal provisions.
- Section 2.2 - Emergency rules.
- Section 3 - Definitions.
- Section 4 - Meat establishment license -- Slaughtering livestock except in licensed meat establishment prohibited -- Exceptions -- Violation a misdemeanor.
- Section 5 - Meat establishment and farm custom slaughter licenses -- Application -- Fees -- Expiration -- Renewal.
- Section 6 - Duties of person who holds a farm custom slaughter license.
- Section 7 - Mandatory functions, powers, and duties of department prescribed.
- Section 8 - Discretionary functions, powers, and duties of commissioner prescribed.
- Section 9 - Additional powers of commissioner.
- Section 10 - Judicial review of orders enforcing chapter.
- Section 11 - Preparation and slaughter of livestock, poultry, or livestock and poultry products -- Adulterated or misbranded products -- Violation of rule or order.
- Section 12 - Unauthorized use or possession of official devices, labels, marks, or certificates -- False statements, misrepresentations, and trade secrets.
- Section 13 - Meat or poultry products to be marked or labeled -- Meat or poultry products not intended for human food -- Dead, dying, disabled, or diseased animals.
- Section 14 - Attempt to bribe state officer or employee -- Acceptance of bribe -- Interference with official duties -- Penalties.
- Section 15 - Inspection of products placed in containers -- Supervision of inspector -- Access to establishment.
- Section 16 - Detention of animals or meat or poultry products -- Removal of official marks.
- Section 17 - Quarantine authorized -- Conditions giving rise to quarantine.
- Section 18 - Rules for the construction and operation of meat establishments authorized.
- Section 20 - Suspension or revocation -- Grounds.
- Section 21 - Denial of application for farm custom slaughter license -- Venue for judicial review.
- Section 22 - Animals slaughtered or the meat and poultry products not intended for human use -- No inspection -- Products to be denatured or otherwise identified.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.