2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 22 - Dairy Promotion Act
- Section 1 - Definitions.
- Section 2 - Utah Dairy Commission created -- Composition -- Elected members -- Terms of elected members -- Qualifications for election.
- Section 3 - Commission -- Organization -- Quorum to transact business -- Vacancies -- Ineligibility to serve -- Compensation.
- Section 4 - Commission powers, duties, and functions.
- Section 4.5 - Exemption from certain operational requirements.
- Section 5 - Commission may require surety bond -- Payment of premium.
- Section 6 - Commission to conduct elections -- Nomination of candidates -- Expenses of election paid by commission.
- Section 7 - Assessment imposed on sale of milk or cream produced, sold, or contracted for sale in state -- Time of assessment -- Collection by dealer or producer-handler -- Penalty for delinquent payment or collection -- Statement to be given to producer.
- Section 8 - Revenue from assessment used to promote dairy industry -- Deposit of funds -- Annual audit of books, records, and accounts -- Annual financial report to producers.
- Section 8.5 - Additional assessment for government liaison and industry relations programs -- Exemption from the assessment.
- Section 9 - State disclaimer of liability.
- Section 9.5 - Commission not eligible for coverage under Risk Management Fund.
- Section 10 - Enforcement -- Inspection of books and records of dealer or producer-handler.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.