2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 17 - Utah Noxious Weed Act
- Section 1 - Short title.
- Section 2 - Definitions.
- Section 3 - Commissioner -- Functions, powers, and duties.
- Section 3.5 - Creation of State Weed Committee -- Membership -- Powers and duties -- Expenses.
- Section 4 - County Weed Control Board -- Appointment -- Composition -- Terms -- Removal -- Compensation.
- Section 4.5 - Commissioner may require county weed control board to justify failure to enforce provisions.
- Section 5 - County weed control board responsible for control of noxious weeds -- Cooperation with other county boards -- Authority to designate noxious weed -- Public hearing before removal of noxious weed from state list.
- Section 6 - Weed control supervisor -- Qualification -- Appointment -- Duties.
- Section 7 - Notice of noxious weeds to be published annually in county -- Notice to particular property owners to control noxious weeds -- Methods of prevention or control specified -- Failure to control noxious weeds considered public nuisance.
- Section 8 - Noxious weeds -- Failure to control after notice a nuisance -- Notice and hearing -- Control at county expense -- Owner liable for county costs -- Charges lien against property.
- Section 8.5 - Hearing before county weed control board -- Appeal of decision to the county legislative body -- Judicial review.
- Section 10 - Jurisdiction of state and local agencies to control weeds.
- Section 11 - County noxious weed control fund authorized.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.