2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 16 - Utah Seed Act
- Section 1 - Short title.
- Section 2 - Definitions.
- Section 3 - Department authorized to make and enforce rules -- Cooperation with state and federal agencies authorized.
- Section 4 - Labeling requirements specified for containers of agricultural seed, mixtures of lawn and turf seed, vegetable seed, flower seed, tree and shrub seed, and seeds for sprouting.
- Section 5 - Distribution of seeds -- Germination tests required -- Date to appear on label -- Seed to be free of noxious weed seed -- Special requirements for treated seeds -- Prohibitions.
- Section 6 - Chapter does not apply to seed not intended for sowing, to seed at seed processing plant, or to seed transported or delivered for transportation in the ordinary course of business.
- Section 7 - Inspection -- Samples -- Analysis -- Seed testing facilities to be maintained -- Rules to control offensive seeds -- Notice of offending seeds -- Warrants.
- Section 8 - Enforcement -- Stop sale, use, or removal authorized -- Court action -- Procedures -- Costs.
- Section 9 - Designation of official testing agency for certification of seed.
- Section 10 - False or misleading advertising with respect to seed quality prohibited.
- Section 11 - Distributors of seed to keep record of each lot of seed distributed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.