2016 Utah Code
Title 4 - Utah Agricultural Code
Chapter 11 - Utah Bee Inspection Act
- Section 1 - Short title.
- Section 2 - Definitions.
- Section 3 - Department authorized to make and enforce rules.
- Section 4 - Bee raising -- Registration required -- Application -- Fees -- Renewal -- Wax-salvage plants -- License required -- Application -- Fees -- Renewal.
- Section 5 - County bee inspector -- Appointment -- Termination -- Compensation.
- Section 6 - Hives to have removable frames -- Consent of county bee inspector to sell or transport diseased bees.
- Section 7 - Inspector -- Duties -- Diseased apiaries -- Examination of diseased bees by department -- Election to transport bees to wax-salvage plant.
- Section 8 - County bee inspector -- Disinfection required before leaving apiary with diseased bees.
- Section 9 - Inspection of apiaries where queen bees raised for sale -- Honey from apiaries where queen bees raised for sale not to be used for candy for mailing cages unless boiled.
- Section 10 - Enforcement -- Inspections authorized -- Warrants.
- Section 11 - Importation of bees or appliances into state -- Certification required -- Inspection discretionary -- Authority to require destruction or removal of diseased bees and appliances.
- Section 12 - Quarantine authorized.
- Section 13 - Unlawful acts specified.
- Section 14 - Maintenance of abandoned apiary, equipment, or appliance -- Nuisance.
- Section 15 - Wax-salvage operations -- County bee inspector to supervise compliance with rules -- Salvage procedures specified.
- Section 17 - Maintaining gentle stock.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.