2015 Utah Code
Title 53A - State System of Public Education
Chapter 11 - Students in Public Schools
Part 1 - Compulsory Education Requirements
- Section 101 - Definitions.
- Section 101.3 - Preapproval of extended absence.
- Section 101.5 - Compulsory education.
- Section 101.7 - Truancy -- Notice of truancy -- Failure to cooperate with school authorities -- Habitual truant citation.
- Section 102 - Minors exempt from school attendance.
- Section 102.5 - Dual enrollment.
- Section 102.6 - Private school and home school students' participation in extracurricular activities in a public school.
- Section 102.7 - Placement of a home school student who transfers to a public school.
- Section 103 - Duties of a school board, local charter board, or school district in resolving attendance problems -- Parental involvement -- Liability not imposed.
- Section 104 - Truancy specialists.
- Section 105 - Taking custody of a person believed to be a truant minor -- Disposition -- Receiving centers -- Reports -- Immunity from liability.
- Section 106 - Truancy support centers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.