2006 Utah Code - Chapter 23 — Utah Exemptions Act
- 78-23-1 — Short title.
- 78-23-2 — Definitions.
- 78-23-3 — Homestead exemption -- Definitions -- Excepted obligations -- Water rights and interests -- Conveyance -- Sale and disposition -- Property right for federal tax purposes.
- 78-23-4 — Declaration of homestead -- Filing -- Contents -- Failure to file -- Conveyance by married person -- No execution sale if bid less than exemption -- Redemption rights of judgment creditor.
- 78-23-5 — Property exempt from execution.
- 78-23-8 — Value of exempt property -- Exemption of implements, professional books, tools, and motor vehicle.
- 78-23-9 — Exemption of proceeds from property sold, taken by condemnation, lost, damaged, or destroyed -- Tracing exempt property and proceeds.
- 78-23-10 — Allowable claims against exempt property.
- 78-23-11 — Waiver of exemptions in favor of unsecured creditor unenforceable.
- 78-23-12 — Assertion of individual's rights by spouse, dependent or other authorized person.
- 78-23-13 — Injunctive relief, damages, or both allowed against creditor to prevent violation of chapter -- Costs and attorney's fees.
- 78-23-14 — Property held by joint tenants or tenants in common.
- 78-23-15 — Exemption provisions applicable in bankruptcy proceedings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.