2006 Utah Code - 78-12-29 — Within one year.78-12-29. Within one year.
An action may be brought within one year:
(1) for liability created by the statutes of a foreign state;
(2) upon a statute for a penalty or forfeiture where the action is given to an individual, or to an individual and the state, except when the statute imposing it prescribes a different limitation;
(3) upon a statute, or upon an undertaking in a criminal action, for a forfeiture or penalty to the state;
(4) for libel, slander, false imprisonment, or seduction;
(5) against a sheriff or other officer for the escape of a prisoner arrested or imprisoned upon either civil or criminal process;
(6) against a municipal corporation for damages or injuries to property caused by a mob or riot;
(7) on a claim for relief or a cause of action under the following sections of Title 25, Chapter 6, Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act:
(a) Subsection 25-6-5(1)(a), which in specific situations limits the time for action to four years, under Section 25-6-10; or
(b) Subsection 25-6-6(2);
(8) except as otherwise expressly provided by statute, against a county legislative body or a county executive to challenge a decision of the county legislative body or county executive, respectively; or
(9) on a claim for relief or a cause of action under Title 63, Chapter 90b, Utah Religious Land Use Act.
Amended by Chapter 274, 2006 General Session
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.