2006 Utah Code - 10-8-62 — Cemeteries -- Purchase and operation.10-8-62. Cemeteries -- Purchase and operation.
The city legislative body may:
(1) purchase, hold, and pay for lands within or without the corporate limits for the burial of the dead, and all necessary grounds for hospitals;
(2) have and exercise police jurisdiction over those lands, and over any cemetery used by the inhabitants of the city;
(3) survey, plat, map, fence, ornament, and otherwise improve, manage, and operate public burial and cemetery grounds;
(4) convey cemetery lots owned by the city, and pass ordinances for the protection and governing of these grounds consistent with Title 8, Chapter 5, Municipal Cemeteries;
(5) contract for the care and improvement of cemeteries and cemetery lots, and for any compensation for the care and improvement;
(6) receive deposits for the care of lots and invest the deposits by following the procedures and requirements of Title 51, Chapter 7, State Money Management Act; and
(7) pay the cost of the care from any proceeds from the investment.
Amended by Chapter 9, 2001 General Session
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Utah may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.