2016 US Code
Title 46 - Shipping
Subtitle III - Maritime Liability
Chapter 309 - Suits in Admiralty Against the United States
Sec. 30917 - Disposition of amounts recovered by the United States

Download PDF
Citation 46 U.S.C. § 30917 (2016)
Section Name §30917. Disposition of amounts recovered by the United States
Section Text

Amounts recovered in a civil action brought by the United States on a claim arising from the ownership, possession, or operation of a merchant vessel, or the ownership, possession, or carriage of cargo, shall be deposited in the Treasury to the credit of the department of the United States Government, or the federally-owned corporation, having control of the vessel or cargo, for reimbursement of the appropriation, insurance fund, or other fund from which the compensation for which the judgment was recovered was or will be paid.

Source Credit

(Pub. L. 109–304, §6(c), Oct. 6, 2006, 120 Stat. 1520.)

Editorial Notes
Historical and Revision Notes


Source (U.S. Code)Source (Statutes at Large)
30917 46 App.:751. Mar. 9, 1920, ch. 95, §11, 41 Stat. 528; Pub. L. 97–31, §12(25)(D), Aug. 6, 1981, 95 Stat. 155.

The words "or in connection with" and "with respect to which such cause of action arises" are omitted as unnecessary.

Publication Title United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 4, Title 46 - SHIPPING
Category Bills and Statutes
Collection United States Code
SuDoc Class Number Y 1.2/5:
Contained Within Title 46 - SHIPPING
Subtitle III - Maritime Liability
Sec. 30917 - Disposition of amounts recovered by the United States
Contains section 30917
Date 2016
Laws In Effect As Of Date January 6, 2017
Positive Law Yes
Disposition standard
Statutes at Large References 41 Stat. 528
95 Stat. 155
120 Stat. 1520
Public Law References Public Law 97-31, Public Law 109-304
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. United States may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.