2015 US Code
Title 9 - Arbitration (Sections 1 - 307)
Chapter 1 - General Provisions (Sections 1 - 16)
Sec. 16 - Appeals
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 3, Title 9 - ARBITRATION|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 9 - ARBITRATION|
CHAPTER 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
Sec. 16 - Appeals
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 3, 2016|
|Source Credit||Added Pub. L. 100-702, title X, §1019(a), Nov. 19, 1988, 102 Stat. 4670, §15; renumbered §16, Pub. L. 101-650, title III, §325(a)(1), Dec. 1, 1990, 104 Stat. 5120.|
|Statutes at Large References||102 Stat. 4670|
104 Stat. 5120
|Public and Private Laws||Public Law 100-702, Public Law 101-650|
(a) An appeal may be taken from—
(1) an order—
(A) refusing a stay of any action under section 3 of this title,
(B) denying a petition under section 4 of this title to order arbitration to proceed,
(C) denying an application under section 206 of this title to compel arbitration,
(D) confirming or denying confirmation of an award or partial award, or
(E) modifying, correcting, or vacating an award;
(2) an interlocutory order granting, continuing, or modifying an injunction against an arbitration that is subject to this title; or
(3) a final decision with respect to an arbitration that is subject to this title.
(b) Except as otherwise provided in section 1292(b) of title 28, an appeal may not be taken from an interlocutory order—
(1) granting a stay of any action under section 3 of this title;
(2) directing arbitration to proceed under section 4 of this title;
(3) compelling arbitration under section 206 of this title; or
(4) refusing to enjoin an arbitration that is subject to this title.
(Added Pub. L. 100–702, title X, §1019(a), Nov. 19, 1988, 102 Stat. 4670, §15; renumbered §16, Pub. L. 101–650, title III, §325(a)(1), Dec. 1, 1990, 104 Stat. 5120.)AMENDMENTS
1990—Pub. L. 101–650 renumbered the second section 15 of this title as this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.