2015 US Code
Title 33 - Navigation and Navigable Waters (Sections 1 - 4009)
Chapter 41 - National Coastal Monitoring (Sections 2801 - 2805)
Sec. 2802 - Definitions
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 3, Title 33 - NAVIGATION AND NAVIGABLE WATERS|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 33 - NAVIGATION AND NAVIGABLE WATERS|
CHAPTER 41 - NATIONAL COASTAL MONITORING
Sec. 2802 - Definitions
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 3, 2016|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 92-532, title V, §502, as added Pub. L. 102-567, title V, §501, Oct. 29, 1992, 106 Stat. 4294.|
|Statutes at Large Reference||106 Stat. 4294|
|Public and Private Law||Public Law 92-532, Public Law 102-567|
For the purposes of this chapter, the term—
(1) "Administrator" means the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency;
(2) "coastal ecosystem" means a system of interacting biological, chemical, and physical components throughout the water column, water surface, and benthic environment of coastal waters;
(3) "coastal water quality" means the physical, chemical and biological parameters that relate to the health and integrity of coastal ecosystems;
(4) "coastal water quality monitoring" means a continuing program of measurement, analysis, and synthesis to identify and quantify coastal water quality conditions and trends to provide a technical basis for decisionmaking;
(5) "coastal waters" means waters of the Great Lakes, including their connecting waters and those portions of rivers, streams, and other bodies of water having unimpaired connection with the open sea up to the head of tidal influence, including wetlands, intertidal areas, bays, harbors, and lagoons, including waters of the territorial sea of the United States and the contiguous zone"; 1 and
(6) "Under Secretary" means Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere.
(Pub. L. 92–532, title V, §502, as added Pub. L. 102–567, title V, §501, Oct. 29, 1992, 106 Stat. 4294.)
TERRITORIAL SEA AND CONTIGUOUS ZONE OF UNITED STATES
For extension of territorial sea and contiguous zone of United States, see Proc. No. 5928 and Proc. No. 7219, respectively, set out as notes under section 1331 of Title 43, Public Lands.
1 So in original. The closing quotation marks preceding the semicolon probably should not appear.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.