2015 US Code
Title 15 - Commerce and Trade (Sections 1 - 8405)
Chapter 75 - National Trade Data Bank (Sections 4901 - 4913)
Sec. 4901 - Definitions
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 3, Title 15 - COMMERCE AND TRADE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 15 - COMMERCE AND TRADE|
CHAPTER 75 - NATIONAL TRADE DATA BANK
Sec. 4901 - Definitions
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 3, 2016|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 100-418, title V, §5401, Aug. 23, 1988, 102 Stat. 1463.|
|Statutes at Large Reference||102 Stat. 1463|
|Public and Private Law||Public Law 100-418|
For purposes of this chapter—
(1) the term "Committee" means the Interagency Trade Data Advisory Committee;
(2) the term "Data Bank" means the National Trade Data Bank;
(3) the term "Executive agency" has the same meaning as in section 105 of title 5;
(4) the term "export promotion data system" means the data system known as the Commercial Information Management System which is maintained and operated by the United States and Foreign Commercial Service and is established as part of the Data Bank under section 4906 1 of this title;
(5) the term "international economic data system" means the data system established as part of the Data Bank under section 4906 of this title which contains data useful to policymakers and analysis concerned with international economics; and
(6) the term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Commerce.
(Pub. L. 100–418, title V, §5401, Aug. 23, 1988, 102 Stat. 1463.)
REFERENCES IN TEXT
This chapter, referred to in text, was in the original "this subtitle", meaning subtitle E (§§5401 to 5413, 5421 to 5423) of title V of Pub. L. 100–418 which, in addition to enacting this chapter, enacted section 4603a of this title and section 194b of Title 2, The Congress. For complete classification of subtitle E to the Code, see Tables.
Section 4906 of this title, referred to in par. (4), was in the original "section 3816", meaning section 3816 of Pub. L. 100–418, and was translated as if it read section 5406 of Pub. L. 100–418, to reflect the probable intent of Congress, because section 3816 was the provision which established the Data Bank in a predecessor version of H.R. 4848 (which became Pub. L. 100–418), Pub. L. 100–418 does not contain a section 3816, and section 5406 of Pub. L. 100–418 is the provision establishing the Data Bank.
1 See References in Text note below.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.