2015 US Code
Title 15 - Commerce and Trade (Sections 1 - 8405)
Chapter 71 - Petroleum Overcharge Distribution and Restitution (Sections 4501 - 4507)
Sec. 4507 - Definitions
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 3, Title 15 - COMMERCE AND TRADE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 15 - COMMERCE AND TRADE|
CHAPTER 71 - PETROLEUM OVERCHARGE DISTRIBUTION AND RESTITUTION
Sec. 4507 - Definitions
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 3, 2016|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 99-509, title III, §3008, Oct. 21, 1986, 100 Stat. 1887.|
|Statutes at Large References||89 Stat. 871|
90 Stat. 1150
91 Stat. 191
100 Stat. 1887
106 Stat. 2843
|Public and Private Laws||Public Law 94-163, Public Law 94-385, Public Law 95-39, Public Law 99-509, Public Law 102-486|
For purposes of this chapter:
(1) The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Energy.
(2) The term "subpart V regulations" means the provisions of Subpart V—Special Procedures for Distribution of Refunds (10 CFR 205.280–205.288) and any amendment made after October 21, 1986, and all precedents and decisions under such regulations, but only to the extent that such provisions, precedents, decisions, and amendments are consistent with the provisions of this chapter.
(3) The term "energy conservation programs" means—
(A) the program under part A of the Energy Conservation and Existing Buildings Act of 1976 (42 U.S.C. 6861 and following);
(B) the programs under part D of title III of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (relating to primary and supplemental State energy conservation programs; 42 U.S.C. 6321 and following);
(C) the program under part G of title III of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (relating to energy conservation for schools and hospitals; 42 U.S.C. 6371 and following); and
(D) the program under the National Energy Extension Service Act (42 U.S.C. 7001 and following).
(4) The term "person" includes refiners, retailers, resellers, farmer cooperatives, transportation entities, public and private utilities, school districts, Federal, State, and local governmental entities, farmers, and other individuals and their successors.
(5) The term "State" means each of the several States, the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or possession of the United States.
(Pub. L. 99–509, title III, §3008, Oct. 21, 1986, 100 Stat. 1887.)
REFERENCES IN TEXT
The Energy Conservation and Existing Buildings Act of 1976, referred to in par. (3)(A), probably means the Energy Conservation and Existing Buildings Act of 1976, which is title IV of Pub. L. 94–385, Aug. 14, 1976, 90 Stat. 1150, as amended. Part A of the Energy Conservation and Existing Buildings Act of 1976, is classified generally to part A (§6861 et seq.) of subchapter III of chapter 81 of Title 42, The Public Health and Welfare. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 6801 of Title 42 and Tables.
The Energy Policy and Conservation Act, referred to in par. (3)(B), (C), is Pub. L. 94–163, Dec. 22, 1975, 89 Stat. 871, as amended. Parts D and G of title III of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act are classified generally to parts B (§6321 et seq.) and E (§6371 et seq.), respectively, of subchapter III of chapter 77 of Title 42. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 6201 of Title 42 and Tables.
The National Energy Extension Service Act, referred to in par. (3)(D), is title V of Pub. L. 95–39, June 3, 1977, 91 Stat. 191, as amended, which was classified principally to chapter 83 (§7001 et seq.) of Title 42 and was repealed by Pub. L. 102–486, title I, §143(a), Oct. 24, 1992, 106 Stat. 2843. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 7001 of Title 42 and Tables.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.