2014 US Code
Title 42 - The Public Health and Welfare (Sections 1 - 18445)
Chapter 96 - Biomass Energy and Alcohol Fuels (Sections 8801 - 8871)
Sec. 8803 - Funding
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2012 Edition, Supplement 2, Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
CHAPTER 96 - BIOMASS ENERGY AND ALCOHOL FUELS
Sec. 8803 - Funding
|Laws In Effect As Of Date||January 5, 2015|
|Source Credit||Pub. L. 96-294, title II, §204, June 30, 1980, 94 Stat. 685; Pub. L. 97-35, title X, §§1061-1063, Aug. 13, 1981, 95 Stat. 622.|
|Statutes at Large References||93 Stat. 970|
94 Stat. 685, 683
95 Stat. 622
|Public and Private Laws||Public Law 96-126, Public Law 96-294, Public Law 97-35|
(a) Authorization of appropriations
To the extent provided in advance in appropriation Acts, for the two year period beginning October 1, 1980, there is authorized to be appropriated and transferred $1,170,000,000 from the Energy Security Reserve established in the Treasury of the United States under title II of the Act entitled "An Act making appropriations for the Department of the Interior and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1980, and for other purposes" (Public Law 96–126; 93 Stat. 970) and made available for obligation by such Act only to the extent provided in advance in appropriation Acts, as follows:
(1) $460,000,000 to the Secretary of Agriculture for carrying out activities under subchapter I of this chapter, except of the amount of the financial assistance provided by the Secretary of Agriculture under subchapter I of this chapter, up to one-third shall be for small-scale biomass energy projects;
(2) $460,000,000 to the Secretary of Energy for carrying out biomass energy activities under subchapter I of this chapter, of which at least $500,000,000 1 shall be available to the Office of Alcohol Fuels for carrying out its activities, and any amount not made available to the Office of Alcohol Fuels shall be available to the Secretary to carry out the purposes of subchapter I of this chapter under available authorities of the Secretary, including authorities under subchapter I of this chapter; and
(3) $250,000,000 shall be available to the Secretary of Energy for carrying out activities under subchapter II of this chapter.
(b) Availability of funds until expended
Funds made available under subsection (a) of this section shall remain available until expended.
(c) Determinations respecting amount of appropriations remaining available
(1) For purposes of determining the amount of such appropriations which remain available for purposes of this chapter—
(A) loans shall be counted at the initial face value of the loan;
(B) loan guarantees shall be counted at the initial face value of such loan guarantee;
(C) price guarantees and purchase agreements shall be counted at the value determined by the Secretary concerned as of the date of each such contract based upon the Secretary's determination of the maximum potential liability of the United States under the contract; and
(D) any increase in the liability of the United States pursuant to any amendment or other modification to a contract for a loan, loan guarantee, price guarantee, or purchase agreement, shall be counted to the extent of such increase.
(2) Determinations under paragraph (1) shall be made in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, consistently applied.
(3) If more than one form of financial assistance is to be provided to any one project, the obligations and commitments thereunder shall be counted at the maximum potential exposure of the United States on such project at any time during the life of such project.
(4) Any commitment to provide financial assistance shall be treated the same as such assistance for purposes of this subsection; except that any such commitment which is nullified or voided for any reason shall not be considered for purposes of this subsection.
(d) Financial assistance provided only to extent advanced in appropriation Acts
Financial assistance may be provided under this chapter only to the extent provided in advance in appropriation Acts.
(Pub. L. 96–294, title II, §204, June 30, 1980, 94 Stat. 685; Pub. L. 97–35, title X, §§1061–1063, Aug. 13, 1981, 95 Stat. 622.)
REFERENCES IN TEXT
The Energy Security Reserve established in the Treasury of the United States under title II of the Act entitled "An Act making appropriations for the Department of the Interior and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1980, and for other purposes" (Public Law 96–126; 93 Stat. 970), referred to in subsec. (a), was established by Pub. L. 96–126, title II, §201, Nov. 27, 1979, 93 Stat. 970, which is set out as a note under section 5915 of this title.
This chapter, referred to in subsecs. (c)(1) and (d), was in the original "this title", meaning title II of Pub. L. 96–294, June 30, 1980, 94 Stat. 683, known as the Biomass Energy and Alcohol Fuels Act of 1980, which is classified principally to this chapter. For complete classification of title II to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 8801 of this title and Tables.
1981—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 97–35, §1063, substituted "$1,170,000,000" for "$1,450,000,000".
Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 97–35, §1061, substituted "$460,000,000" for "$600,000,000".
Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 97–35, §1062, substituted "$460,000,000" for "$600,000,000".
EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1981 AMENDMENT
Amendment by Pub. L. 97–35 effective Aug. 13, 1981, see section 1038 of Pub. L. 97–35, set out as a note under section 6240 of this title.
1 So in original. Pub. L. 97–35 decreased appropriation to $460,000,000 from $600,000,000 without amending sum of $500,000,000.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.